Vehicle Search Engine: Over 150,000 vehicles at auction weekly, plus thousands more on dealer lots.
Let’s find the ideal car for you today!!
“You must be a real expert on vintage and used cars,” is what some people say to me when we get talking about cars and when they learn that I work as an exporter of used cars from Japan. But I’m no expert; certainly not. In this business you don’t have to be a “expert” on every vintage or used car in the world, but there are two things you do need to be clear on:
1) What you like about cars and why you like it, and
2) What cars your customers like and why they like them.
What our customers like are often vintage BMWs like the BMW 2002 and the BMW 320i (late ‘80s early ‘90s type):
The simplicity and pureness of line, the compact size, the finely balanced FR layout with good, predictable handling, the very respectable power to weight ratio (especially on the turbo 2002tii and the 1600TI), the refined smoothness of the engines (especially the small 2-litre straight six of the 320i), are, along with other features, why many BMW fans want these two cars in their BMW stable.
Our customers who want to buy a used BMW from Japan fall roughly into four categories:
1) Guys who want smaller models like the 2002 and 320i, or the Series 1 in the Neue Klasse like the 116i
2) The guys who want something bigger and more powerful, but still practical and mid-sized, like the 5-Series: the newer 523i, and 528i or the more classic 525i
3) Guys who want serious luxury, yet insist on serious capability and excellent handling in a refined, yet not over-opulent package. Here it’s the 7-Series, the 750i, and the 740i
that our customers are looking for.
4) The full-on sports sedan drivers who want the class and quality of BMW but want also the serious performance, handling, and braking to spank to ass of pretty well any other car on the road. These customers want us to get them a good used M-model like the hot M3
or the wicked M6
Every single one of our customers who has bought a used BMW from Japan and imported it direct to his home country, be it a 3-Series, 5-Series, 7-Series, M-Series or Neue Klasse has been an enthusiast, a discerning enthusiast. (Our buyers from the USA, who are in the market for fine vintage BMWs 25 years old or older, are especially so; as are the collectors we supply these machines to in Canada and Germany.)
Whether they are looking for left-hand-drive (LHD) or right hand drive (RHD) BMWs (both of which are available in good numbers second hand in Japan), it’s that refined capability that so many of my BMW buyers are enthusiastic about.
If you are a BMW enthusiast and are serious about getting a good used one from us here in Japan, whether a vintage car or a newer unit,
Share your enthusiasm for BMW with us and let us provide you with the full service of finding you the best used BMW in your price range and arranging all export and shipping to the port of your choice so that you can take advantage of the large selection of good used BMWs that regularly come available here in Japan, at the car auctions, at car dealers and BMW specialty shops, and even at private sales.
And these cars, these BWMs here, they are in good shape because their previous owner …..he’s just like our customers: An enthusiast.